I used to think using a primer was such a waste of money. Why add another layer of make-up to my skin? Not to mention, most of the good ones are pretty expensive. But, I’ve learned that they are actually pretty necessary and can end up SAVING you money. Who knew? Here are some great brands and I’ve also added some drug store options that are more affordable.
Face Primers. These are great to add before using any kind of foundation. It helps your foundation spread easily on your skin. It also gives your face a clean, smooth surface to apply your foundation. You are actually using LESS foundation by using a primer because the foundation isn’t sinking into your pores or any lines in your face. Primers can also minimize the appearance of pores and helps your foundation last all day. Just remember a little goes a long way. I’d suggest a pea size amount. My picks are great for all skin types.
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light, $36
2. Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser, $5.99
3. Benefit The Porefessional, $31.
4. Make-up Forever Micro HD Microperfecting Primer, $34
5. Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer, $30
6. Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro, $7.99
Eyeshadow Primers. Using a primer before adding eyeshadow really makes your eyeshadow last all day. It also helps your eyeshadow from creasing during the day. You can use an eyeshadow primer with powder or cream eyeshadow as well. Here are some favorites.
1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, $20
2. Too Faced Shadow Insurance, $18
3. E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer, $3
Hope this helps for anyone who wanted some options. Primer is now definitely a part of my everyday beauty routine 🙂Like